Association for Science Education (ASE)
The ASE is one of the largest subject associations in the UK. The membership includes teachers, technicians, trainee teachers, tutors and lecturers in further and higher education, advisors, inspectors and consultants as well as representatives from industry and science organisations. The Association promotes excellence in science teaching and learning and provides a welcoming and inclusive community of support for individuals and organisations to share good ideas, meet the challenges in science teaching, develop resources and foster high quality continuing professional development.
The ASE also provides a comprehensive range of support for teachers and technicians in helping to enrich and enhance science teaching and learning. Its Annual conference, regional meetings, events webinars provide excellent opportunities to hear top class speakers and share ideas with other teachers and educators in science.
Benefits of membership:
- CPD opportunities and accreditation
- Professional guidance and advice
- High quality web-based resources
- Fortnightly e-updates with the latest science education news and events
- Influence and advocacy that helps to shape and inform science education policy at national and regional levels
- Termly edition of Members’ Magazine: Education in Science
- Indemnity insurance (up to £5,000,000)
- Support to help achieve Professional Registration
- Options to add on Journals: School Science Review, Primary Science and/or Science Teacher Education for small fee
Substantial discounts on:
- ASE publications
- Annual and Regional Conferences, Local meetings and events.