The aim of the English Association is to further knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the English language and its literatures and to foster good practice in its teaching and learning at all levels.
It does this by working towards a fuller recognition of English as an essential element in education and in the community at large;
- by encouraging the study of English language and literature;
- by means of conferences, lectures and publications;
- by fostering the discussion of methods of teaching English of all kinds;
- and by responding to national issues.
The Association today is an international organisation with branches, Fellows and members in Britain and throughout the world. It is a registered charity (1124890) and in December 2006 was incorporated by Royal Charter.
Benefits of membership:
- 12 months subscription to your chosen journal.
- Purchase other journals at discounted prices.
- EA Newsletter.
- Discounted rates and priority booking for events, lectures and conferences.
- Network with colleagues and leading practitioners in the field of English.
- Special Interest Groups