The Historical Association (HA)
The Historical Association is an independent national charity open to everyone. We have been supporting history since 1906. We have over 8,000 members representing teachers, academics, local historians and history enthusiasts.
We have a strong national voice in secondary and primary education with our 6,500 history teachers and subject leads. We advise on National Curriculum History at all levels and aim to ensure our members’ voices and needs are heard.
With over 45 local branches around the country, the Association promotes life-long learning and enjoyment of history. Our branches have a lively series of talks by well-known historians; local walks and visits to places of historic interest.
Benefits of membership:
- A subscription to Teaching History, Primary History or The Historian journal
- Digital resources including schemes of work and access to the journal archive
- Guidance on curriculum review, assessment and progression
- Subject leader support
- Discounts to all CPD including regional forums, HA conference and digital webinars
- Recordings of past CPD sessions
- Free subject webinars
- A library of over 350 history podcasts
- Free entry to local HA branch talks
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Biannual members’ magazine
- Eligibility for Chartered Teacher and funded Fellowship programmes
- Online ‘Student Zone’ and Quality Mark for corporate members.